(804) 741-1599           [email protected]  

COMMUNITY

• Blog
    Blog

BUILDING A SUCCESSFUL STRENGTH PROGRAM

- by Michael Harlow

So you’ve heard me tell you how important it is, you’ve probably read a few articles about it, and you’ve seen many pro endurance athletes giving credit to their strength workouts. The facts are there – strength training is an important ingredient to a successful endurance athletes program. But what makes a great strength plan?

• Blog
    Blog

TEMPERATURES RISING

- by Michael Harlow

This weekend, we will have athletes racing around the country in very hot conditions. Racing in the heat demands that you be smart and strategic as well as have a heart of determination. Here are some things to consider as you go into a hot weekend of racing:

• Blog
    Blog

RACE RESULTS 7.1-4

- by Michael Harlow

We hope everyone had a great July 4th! Congratulations to all of our athletes that raced this weekend! We had athletes race in the Senior Crit Championships, USA Cycling National Championships, a Bermuda Triathlon, Connecticut Criterium Championships, the Bishops 5k, the Freedom Run 10k, 2nd Annual Independence Day Classic and a July 4th 5k.

• Blog
    Blog

ARE YOUR REALLY DONE?

- by Michael Harlow

We have all reached that breaking point – that point when you say you cannot go another step, turn the pedal over once more, or take one more stroke. Be it a workout or race, you are done. Are you really though?
    There was a study done once on a group of cyclists. They had the cyclists complete a test to exhaustion riding until they stated they could not ride any more. Then upon the statement of exhaustion, without knowledge beforehand, they said sprint. Every one of the cyclists was able to produce a decent sprint despite just stating that this very thing was impossible.

• Blog
    Blog

Racing Without Fear

- by Michael Harlow

One of my favorite quotes growing up was “Don’t let your fears get in the way of your dreams.” This was stated on a poster of a rock climber hanging from a ledge in my room and was a constant reminder to me when fears trapped me. I remember saying it to myself over and over as I convinced myself to do many things despite my fears.

FACEBOOK FEED

[custom-facebook-feed id=endorphinfitnessva num=5 layout=thumb height=1000px]

Get training tips, inspiration, and promos delivered weekly!