(804) 741-1599           [email protected]  

COMMUNITY

• Blog
    Blog

RACE RESULTS 8.13-14

- by Michael Harlow

Congratulations to all of our athletes that raced this weekend! We had athletes compete in the USAT Age Group Nationals, Pink Power Triathlon, Connecticut State Championship, Rock and Roll 5k, Lynchburg 5k and USAT Florida Talent ID Series.

• Blog
    Blog

POTENTIAL

- by Michael Harlow

As a coach, I have always felt some symmetry with real estate developers. Becoming familiar with a plot of unused land, a developer casts a vision for what this land can become. The best see a vision that the others are blind to – one that not only benefits the land but the community around it. This is what I see every time a new athlete meets with me: potential. This is what leaps inside of me as I envision what the next several years will bring about – in both of us.

Potential is an odd thing in that we will never know what our true potential is and whether we have achieved it or not. I think this is for the best because if we truly knew – especially if we were already there – it could be very demotivating. Instead, we are constantly striving to achieve more and constantly wondering what we can be. It is an exciting journey to build a better person.

This is what is exciting to me as an athlete and coach: the mystery of who we can become. I am always seeking to be more: personally as well as to bring this out in others. We can never stop seeking what’s next in any area of our lives – this is the grand journey. Enjoy your exploration.

Be More. Live Red.
    Michael Harlow
    EF Founder & Head Coach

• Blog
    Blog

RACE RESULTS

- by Michael Harlow

Congratulations to all of our athletes on another fantastic race weekend! We had athletes compete in the REV3 Pocono Mountains Triathlons, Army 10 Miler team tryout, Lake Logan Half, Guts Gravel and Glory Mountain Bike Race and the Coast Guard 5k. Great work Team!

We had a great showing at REV3 Pocono Mountains Half and Olympic this weekend on a very tough course. The course lived up to its name and is one of the hardest races in the country with incredible mountain views along the way. Suzanne McWilliams finished her first half iron distance race and was 1st on her age group. Lenora Mariner was 1st in her age group in the Olympic distance race. Tina Shriver was 3rd in her age group in the half. John Caldwell and Charlene Wilhelm were both 6th in the half aquabike. Jerry Bryant, Stephanie Bryant, Kelly Brit, Petra Plazer, Jay Markiewicz and Eric Glymph all had a strong race!

Dawn Quicke had a great race at the Lake Logan Half Triathlon.

Matt Schiller made the Army 10 miler race team this weekend when he was 1st overall in their 10 mile try out race.

John Howe had a strong race at Guts Gravel and Glory.

Matt England had a strong race and Laura Todd PR’d at the Coast Guard 5k

• Blog
    Blog

RACE RESULTS 7.30-31

- by Michael Harlow

This past weekend was one of the most successful race weekends our youth and junior program has ever had. Congratulations to all of the youth and junior coaches on an incredible National Championship weekend! In addition to USAT Youth and Junior Nationals we had athletes compete int he Culpepper International and Sprint as well as the Cul De Sac 5k on Monday.

• Blog
    Blog

THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORT

- by Michael Harlow

This past weekend, I traveled with 57 athletes to West Chester, Ohio for the Youth & Junior National Triathlon Championships. More so, I traveled with around 100 people who came along to support their athletes. Most of these people have spent the last year shuffling their kids from practices and helping them balance school, training, and fun. They were the ones who supported the athletes when workouts did not go well and celebrated with them when it did. They sacrificed money, time, and energy to allow their athlete to reach his or her goals.

FACEBOOK FEED

[custom-facebook-feed id=endorphinfitnessva num=5 layout=thumb height=1000px]

Get training tips, inspiration, and promos delivered weekly!