We have several results to report on from this weekend! With a ton of high school track and swim meets, this was a packed weekend of racing. We had two athletes win state and regional titles, but also multiple PRs and numerous strong races! Let’s get started.
We had a ton of awesome results from state and regional indoor track meets:
- At the regionals champs, Cooper Albright ran a 1:07 500 to claim the regional title and set a new regional record. He also anchored the 4×400 relay which placed 2nd.
- At states, Hope Frost ran away from the field in the 1600 to take the state title and also finished 2nd in the 3200 with a close finish.
- Nick Pilgrim ran the Armory Youth Indoor Champs with a super fast time of 9:46 in the 3,000.
- At states, Sadé Smith finished 15th in the 3200 with a strong finish to the season
Several strong results from swim meets as well –
- At the state championships, Anneliese Rogerson dropped time in most of her events taking 3rd in 200 IM, 3rd in 100 Breast, and 6th in the 400 Free Relay.
- At the district championships, Annika Rogerson, Maddie Fisher, Emory Allen, and Hazel Wells swam super strong.
- Kieran Haug and Alexandra Poole had strong swims at high school meets.
- Connor Doyle swam at the VHSL Class 6 State Championships last Friday at George Mason. He placed 9th in the 200 Free (1:42.58) and 11th in the 100 Free (47.53), both personal bests! His 200 Free time was a new Cosby team record (and a NCSA Junior National cut). Congrats Connor!
Presley Evans had a strong finish in the 25 mile race at Monster Cross.
Emily Kontos got second place in an event called the Rocktown Roller-Rama, which is a stationary, fixed gear bike race.
Diane Johnson had a strong race at the Sweetheart 8k, placing second in her division and getting a PR for the course!
At the JDL DMR Invitational, Johanna Lupica took 3rd overall in the 1600 with a 5:10!
At Holiday Lake 50k, Alex Murdock had a strong finish in very tough conditions!
At The Oak Island 13.1, Tom Maloney had a strong finish as well!
Congrats to all our athletes who raced!