VHBG YOUTH TRIATHLON
For 8 years, Endorphin Fitness has partnered with the Virginia Home for Boys and Girls to host the VHBG Youth Triathlon presented by Endorphin Fitness. 100% of the revenue from this event goes to VHBG. To learn more about the VHBG, visit https://vhbg.org/. The race is open to ages 5-14 years and features a short pool swim, loop bike course closed to vehicular traffic, and a run on playing fields. Come join the fun and support VHBG’s mission.
Participants must register by August 6th to be guaranteed a shirt
Saturday, Aug 17, 2019
Virginia Home for Boys and Girls
8716 West Broad Street
Richmond, VA 23294
4-DAY YOUTH TRIATHLON CAMP (OPTIONAL)
Monday, Aug 12 – Thursday, Aug 15, 2019
Hosted by Endorphin Fitness, this camp will prepare kids between the ages of 5-14 years for the Virginia Home for Boys and Girls Youth Triathlon as well as any other youth triathlon. Participants will be taught essential skills of the sport in a safe and fun environment. The camp will be held at VHBG Monday-Thursday. To learn more and register for camp, Email Us – cost is $95.
Dates: Monday, Aug. 12 – Thursday, Aug. 15, 2019
Time: 5:30pm -7:00pm each day
Location: 8716 West Broad St. Richmond, VA 23294
- Monday – Swim technique; Run technique
- Tuesday – Bike technique; Transitions
- Wednesday – Swim technique / Race prep workout; Easy bike / Run course preview
- Thursday – Review of skills; Race simulation (swim, bike, run)
Friday, Aug 16, 2019
- 4:00pm – 6:00pm Packet Pick-Up at Endorphin Fitness, 8908 Patterson Avenue, Richmond, VA 23229
Saturday, Aug 17, 2019
- 6:30am – 7:00am Pre-approved packet pick-up
- 7:00am Transition opens
- 7:15am – 7:45am swim, bike, and run warm ups allowed on course
- 7:45am Transition closes
- 7:50am Pre-Race meeting beside pool
- 8:00am First wave starts for 5-9 age group
- 8:30am-11am Post-race snacks and family fun day activities
- 8:45am Approximate first wave start for 10-14 age group & VHBG residents
- 10:45am Approximate start time of award ceremony
5-9 Year Olds (Age on 12/31/19)
- 40 yd swim
- 1.5 mi bike (2 laps)
- .5 mile run (1 lap)
10-14 yr olds (Age on 12/31/2019)
- 80 yd swim
- 3 mi bike (4 laps)
- 1 mi run (2 laps)
All proceeds benefit the children at Virginia Home for Boys and Girls. The registration fees below do not include online processing charges. This will be added to your final cost at check out. Online Registration closes August 15 at midnight but you can still register at packet pick up Friday 4-6pm at Endorphin Fitness (8908 Patterson Avenue).
|THRU MAY 31||JUNE 1 – AUG 15||PACKET PICK UP|
|INDIVIDUAL||$50 donation||$60 donation||$70 donation|
|RELAY||$80 donation||$90 donation||$100 donation|
*100% of race fee go directly towards VA Home For Boys and Girls. Race fee includes race, t-shirt, and post-race snacks.
* Last day to sign up and be guaranteed to a t-shirt is 7/30.
There are no refunds for any reason. You may transfer your registration to another racer. A $10 fee along with any difference in registration costs will be charged to transfer. The deadline for transfers is 30 days before race day. No transfers will be accepted after this date.
Everyone gets a finishers medal! In addition, awards will be given to the following race categories:
- Age groups (3 deep) male and female (5&under, 6-7, 8-9, 10-11, 12-14)
- Top Relay Team
Please note the VHBG reserves the right to add or delete the number of awards in age group categories prior to race day based on registrants in that category. Awards will not be mailed out. You must be present to collect your award or have someone pick it up for you.
- 2018 Results
- 2017 Results
- 2016 Results
- 2015 Results: Age 5-9 | Ages 10-14 | United Athletics Athletes
- 2014 Results
- 2013 Results: Ages 5-9 | Ages 10-14 | United Athletics Athletes
- 2012 Results
For photos, visit the Live Red Foundation Flickr Page
For more information on how you can volunteer for the VHBG Youth Triathlon, please contact Michael Harlow at [email protected].
For more information on how you can sponsor the VHBG Youth Triathlon, please contact Jill Tarr at [email protected].